Maggi is the first thing that pops in everyone’s mind to beat odd midnight cravings, let alone those Sunday morning breakfast or when mom is not in a mood to cook dinner. A perfect way to bond with almost anybody be it your family, friends or cousins is a plate full of masala Maggi followed by chit chat sessions that end up fighting over the last bite. But sometimes, it gets boring and we feel like going experimental with our cookery skills. So here I am presenting a very easy and yummy Maggi sandwich recipe prepared using everything that’s readily available.
All you need is-
1) 3 packets of Maggi
2) Wheat Bread (15 slices)
3) A packet of Cheese Slices (10 in a packet)
4) 1 Amul cheese cube (for presentation)
5) 2 magic masala packets- if you like spicy or else 1 packet is just fine.
6) Mayonnaise Sauce
7) Thousand Island Sauce
8) Some mixed spices in a bowl- salt, turmeric powder and chili powder (according to one’s taste)
Preparation time- varies from 20- 25 minutes; Presentation Time- 5 minutes
Steps to Prepare-
1. Boil water in a kadahi, add Maggi when water begins to show bubbles. Let the Maggi cook and then add Maggi powder, magic masala and spices contained in a bowl (as per step 8 mentioned above)
Note: Keep the quantity of water bit less because you need dry Maggi and not the soupy one to make Maggi sandwich.
2. Let the excessive water get steamed. Put the gas off once Maggi is cooked properly and just a minute before it’s about to get dried. Now leave it aside and open your bread packet.
3. Lay two slices of bread on a plate. Apply mayo sauce on one and thousand island sauce on the other like so-
4. Now place spoonful of Maggi on either of the bread slice like so-
5. Put a layer of cheese slice on Maggi and cover it with the other bread slice.
6. Now heat a pan and spread some oil/ ghee/ butter on it. Place the sandwich on the pan and cook both sides until turned golden brown. Keep switching gas between medium and high to cook it well but also to prevent from roasting it extra ergo burning the sides.
7. Follow the same steps to prepare other sandwiches and finally lay them on a plate like so or in any manner you wish to present it. Spread some mayo and thousand island over the sandwiches. Grate a cheese cube over it for extra dressing and sprinkle the left out Maggi (if any) all over it for extra brownie points. *mouthwatering*
And get ready to experience a big burst of cheese, yum sauces, masala Maggi and finely cooked bread. Let me know in the comments section below if you would love to prepare this recipe. Don’t forget to share the pics with me by shooting a DM on my Instagram. I would love to see the pics and will be grateful if you use the #CookWithMini in your posts.
Lots of love and Hogging,