I was preparing a list of the recipes I am going to share in this section and the first that popped in my head was this most loved and the easiest to prepare- Hostel Cake Pudding Recipe. So back in 2010, I had just joined college and was staying in a hostel. It was our friend’s birthday- the first birthday of our group and we wanted to do something different than simply ordering cake from a bakery shop. A few seniors of hostel told about this biscuit cake recipe and one of them helped us prepare it for our friend. From that day onwards, this cake pudding became our group’s signature birthday cake and now whenever I make it for my family, school friends, PG friends, I am asked one question that how is this prepared? So here I am sharing the recipe with you all. TA DA!
Ingredients You Require:-
1 big packet of Marie Gold Biscuits
1 packet of Bourbon Biscuits
1 packet of Hide & Seek Biscuits
4 small sachet of Horlicks- Chocolate Flavor
Three small sachet of Milk Powder
2 small sachet of gems
Containers You Require:-
1 medium sized bowl- for preparing the cake-pudding
2 small bowls for preparing Horlicks and milk powder solutions respectively
2 spoons for mixing Horlicks and milk powder solutions respectively
1 jar full of water
1 bowl full of water
Preparations You Need To Do:-
Prepare Horlicks paste in a bowl by mixing water in a ratio that it is not extremely flowy but at the same time semi-solid enough to spread as a layer on cake pudding. Like so, prepare milk powder paste in a separate bowl.
- Apply the first layer using Marie Gold Biscuits. Slightly dip it one by one in bowl containing water (Note: don’t dip entirely, biscuit will break otherwise. Just dip and take out, dip and take out. Easy peasy :-p). Apply biscuits on the base as it is (without breaking them) and break biscuits in small pieces only to fill the gaps on the side.
- Apply the Horlicks paste over it. Spread it evenly so that no space is empty.
- Now apply a layer of Bourbon Biscuits over it in a similar way by dipping in water and placing it (remember, easy peasy :-p). Again fill the gaps on the side by breaking biscuits in small pieces.
- Now apply a layer of milk powder paste over it. Spread evenly.
- Repeat step 1
- Repeat step 2
- Now apply a layer of hide & seek biscuits. However, don’t dip these in water. Just apply them as it is. Fill the gaps on the side by breaking the biscuit in small portions accordingly. Try to fill left out portions in good design and not in abrupt manner as this is how your cake pudding would look from the top.
- Repeat step 2 and we are done.
Leave the cake pudding aside for three hours at least in a safe place and at room temperature. After three hours, keep it inside the freezer for about half an hour. Then take it out and apply gems all over it in however way/design you wish to. The cake pudding is all set to be attacked. *tongue out*
NOTE: Use spoons for eating. It can’t be transferred in another plate or bowl as the whole presentation will get spoiled. Eat it from the bowl using a spoon. You’d want to take out the scoop by digging till the bottom of it so that every layer comes along with the first bite. And oh-so-yum-yum!
So this is how it looks after taking it out of the freezer. Look at those designs of hide & seek showing, isn’t it mouthwatering? Let me know in the comments section below how you found this recipe. Enjoy preparing it and kindly use the #CookWithMini if you share it on your socials. Also tag me in your posts. And don’t forget to shoot a DM on my Instagram handle for any queries. Happy Hogging!